I long ago discovered that the quickest way to get Lost In The Grooves is to take Johnny Dowd all the way down to The Wrong Side of Memphis.
But if that was indeed Then, and Now is Here,
I find on The Pig Player today this particular JD’s Latest and Possibly Greatest creation (so far, that is):
in the meantime however,
Allow me to partake in a little game of virtual Cruel Word Association with the titles of this disc’s fourteen Required Listens:
1. HOUSE OF PAIN…..Play that Funky Music, cowboy!!
2. MIRACLES NEVER HAPPEN…..Elvis’ Mysterious Train has Left the Station.
3. PRAISE GOD…..as Johnny comes Rolling Home.
4. UNWED MOTHER…..“Billie Jean v. 06”
5. CRADLE OF LIES…..Stretching from California to the Jersey Shore.
6. DING DONG…..Is that someone at The Doors?
7. FINAL ENCORE…..a Rare and Intriguing Peek backstage at this (or last) (or
next) year’s Grammys
8. WILDER THAN THE WIND ’66…..truly Too Cool for Words.
9. DRUNK…..Who once sang, you can go sleep at home tonight, Johnny, if
you can get up and walk away.
10. POVERTY HOUSE…..We’ve ALL got room there.
11. CORNER LAUNDROMAT…..Spins a dry cycle of (the OTHER) Brian Wilson’s
“My Solution,” by way of our sweet Jon Lord.
12. ANXIETY…..our Working Class Hero’s special affliction.
13. WORLD OF HIM…..as we merrily take the Last Waltz to War!
14. JOHNNY B. GOODE…..The original War Pig?!!